When your system gets connected to a network, it is assigned an address. This address is called IP address. This address uniquely identifies your system. This ensures information is sent to the right user on the network. Read the article and you will learn how to find IP address. The steps will vary according to the operating system you use.
How to Find IP Address
If you are still using Windows XP, use the following steps:
- Go to Start-> Control Panel. Alternatively, you can even open control panel directly. There might be a shortcut for the control panel on your system.
- Select and click on the “Network and Internet Connections” option.
- Now, select and right-click on “Local Area Connection”. Tap on status option. The Local area connection status window will open.
- Click on the “Support” tab. Note the IP address.
How to Find IP Address of laptop
Powershell is a configuration management framework. You can use this command-line shell to find IP address.
- Open the search text box on your system. Based on the operating system, use the start or windows button to open the box.
- Type Powershell in the search field.
- Click on the top result that displays “Microsoft Powershell”.
- Once the Powershell opens, you will have to type a command. Two different commands can be used to find the address.
- First one is “gip” and the other one is “Get-NetIPConfiguration”.
- Press enter after typing any of these commands. The result will be details of network adapters. You can check the IP address from the list.
See More: Crackle Apk
How to Find IP Address on Windows 7
You can use this method for other versions of operating system too.
- First, open the web browser of your system.
- Go to the official website of Google.
- On the search box, type “What is my IP”.
- Once you press enter, public IP address would appear on the screen.
How to Find IP Address in Cmd
- You will have to press the “Windows” and “R” keys at the same time. This would open the “Run” pop-up window on the screen.
- Type cmd and press the enter keys to open the command prompt. Alternatively, use the search box to open the command prompt.
- Now, tap on the enter button after typing “ipconfig”.
- On the list of network connections, you will find IP address.
How to Find IP Address Mac
The following methods will help you know How to Find IP Address on Mac devices:
- First, open the taskbar of your Mac device.
- Tap on the search icon to open spotlight search.
- Type “Terminal” and select the result that appears on the top list.
- Now, press the “Return” key to open the terminal.
- Type “ifconfig” in the window and tap on “Return” key.
- The IP address of your mac device would appear next to the “inet” command.
- Open the drop-down menu of “Apple” menu.
- Select the system preferences drop-down.
- Go to Network-> Advanced.
- Open the tab for “TCP/IP”.
- Mac’s IP address would appear next to the “IPv4 heading”.
Also, check: How to Setup Google Analytics
Find IP Address of Website
- Open the command prompt window on your system.
- You will have to type “ping website” to know the IP address. Here, the word website needs to be replaced with the address of the website. Make the address do not include “www”.
- Press the enter key to view the IP address of the website.