Images have a lot of unnecessary data. This data increases the size of the image. If the size of the image is large it’s going to take space accordingly. You can reduce the size of an image without affecting its quality. Wouldn’t it be better if you know how to compress image size? Also, check compress png for more information.
How to Compress Image Size
When you compress a file both size and dimensions are reduced to a certain level. This helps the user in sending files without using excessive bandwidth. You can compress the photos using different ways. There are certain inbuilt applications on Windows and Mac that provide this facility. You can even use online sites for compressing the images.These sites reduce image size without losing quality.
See More: How to Add Signature in Gmail
Compress Image Size
Microsoft Word has an inbuilt feature for compressing images. Use the following steps:
- First, open the Word document with the image you want to compress. Alternatively, you can open an image in the Word file.
- Click on picture tools. Select the compress pictures option.
- Check the box for “Apply to Selected Pictures Only”.
- Now, click on the “Options” button.
- In the compression options, there are 2 options. One is “Automatically perform basic compression on save”. The second one is “Delete cropped areas of pictures”. You need to check both the box.
- For the target output, there are 3 options. These are print, screen, and e-mail. You can check the radio button for any one of them.
- Now, click on ok to compress the image.
How to Compress Image
This is another method used for compressing images on Mac OS:
- First, you will have to right-click on the image. Now, open the image with preview app.
- Click on the tools menu and select the adjust size option.
- Image dimensions dialog box will open.
- You need to set a width for the image. The height of the image will be set automatically.
- Once you click on ok the image will be transformed.
- Now, go to the File->Save As and save the image with new dimensions.
How to Compress Photos: Mac OS X
- First, launch the iPhoto application on Mac.
- Open the picture you want to compress.
- Click on the File menu and select “Export”.
- Now, tap on the “File Export” tab.
- Select the “JPEG” option in the “Kind” drop-down.
- Use the JPEG quality drop-down to select the quality of the image.
- Set the size of the image as small, medium or full. Now, you can export and save the image at a particular location.
Also, check: How to Clear Cache in Firefox
Compress Image Online
Learn How to Compress Image Size online using the following steps:
- Open a browser on your device to search for online sites.
- Now, search online sites that offer the image compression service.
- Once you visit the site, you get multiple options for compressing images.
- Resize the image to a smaller size. This will compress the image.
- Now, choose an option for saving the image. Save the image in jpeg format as multiple sites support this format.These sites reduce image size in kb.
- Once you are done, you can save the image to your system.